WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies are small sets of information stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. It is often used to give you a personalized experience, improve the services offered and improve your experience when using the website you visit, and can contribute to ease of use when browsing a website.
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF COOKIES?
Cookies are subjected to various classifications depending on the lifetime, purpose of use and the owner of the cookie or the party that placed the cookie.
By Purpose of Use
According to the Owner of the Cookie or the Party Placing the Cookie
COOKIES BY LIFETIME
- Session Cookies: Cookies created when you visit a website and used during your visit, valid until the browser window is closed. The purpose of such cookies is to ensure the continuity and security of your visit.
For instance; this type of cookie makes it possible for you to fill the online forms composed of more than one page.
- Permanent Cookies: They are created the first time you visit a website, depending on their lifetime or until you delete them. The purpose of such cookies is to increase the functionality of the site by providing a faster and better service to the visitors.
For example, remembering visitor preferences and determining the content to be transmitted in line with these preferences.
COOKIES BY PURPOSE OF USE
- Mandatory / Technical Cookies: These are mandatory cookies for the website you visit to function properly. The purpose of such cookies is to provide the necessary service by making the site work.
For example, it allows you to access secure sections of the website, to use its features, and to navigate.
- Analytical Cookies: They show how the website is used, the frequency and number of visits, how it collects information and how visitors pass to the site. The purpose of using such cookies is to improve the way the site works, increase performance and determine the general trend direction. They do not contain data that can provide the identification of visitor identities.
For example, they show the number of error messages shown or the most visited pages.
- Functional l Cookies: They record the selections made by the visitor within the site and recapture them at the next visit. The purpose of such cookies is to provide visitors with ease of use.
For example, it prevents the user from re-entering the password on each page the site user visits.
- Targeting / Advertising Cookies: They allow to measure the effectiveness of the advertisements offered to visitors and to calculate how many times they are watched. The purpose of such cookies is to provide customized ads to visitors’ interests.
For example, it prevents the ad displayed to the visitor from being impressed again in a short time.
COOKIES BY THE OWNER OF THE COOKIES OR THE PARTY PLACING THE COOKIE
- First Party Cookies: Cookies that are defined by the website being visited and can only be read by this site.
- Third Party Cookies: Cookies identified by organizations other than the website being visited and that enable reporting to the site for the service it is identified.
COOKIES USED ON OUR WEBSITE
Mandatory, functional and analytical cookies used by our sites:
- They are mandatory for the use of the website interface and its features as desired.
- They allow you to speed up the activities during your future visits.
- They help us understand how the website is used by visitors, helps us gather statistical data and develop content in line with this data.
- Under no circumstances do they collect, retain and process data that we can identify, and do not qualify as personal data.
- It does not harm your computer and does not contain viruses.
Targeting and advertising cookies are used within the scope of our legitimate interests and with the necessary legal commitments, provided that they do not harm your fundamental rights and freedoms in order to personalize the ads and analyze the site traffic.
HOW THE COOKIE PREFERENCES ARE MANAGED?
Many browsers give you the option of accepting or declining cookies, accepting only certain types of cookies, or being warned by the browser when a website requests to store cookies on your device so that you can control cookies.
It is also possible to delete the cookies previously saved in your browser.